The 2nd Annual Rectory Invitational - A Magic: The Gathering Tournament
Sunday, November 10, 2019
Competitors should preregister by Saturday, November 9, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. Signups will be accepted at the door (cash only).
- Entry Fee: $30.00
- 9:00 a.m. Registration (All competitors must arrive on campus before 9:30 a.m.)
- 9:30 a.m. Tournament Start (Deck Building)
- 10:00 a.m. Round 1 Begins
- 2:00 p.m. Tournament End Time (non-Top 8 Competitor)
- 3:00-6:00 p.m. Tournament End Time (Top 8 Competitor)
- Round 1 starts at 10:00 a.m. after deck building
- There will be 4 rounds of 1 hour each, ending at 3:00 p.m.
- At the end of round 4, the Top 8 cut will be made and the Quarterfinal rounds will begin.
- Top 8 will take approximately 3 hours (Quarter, Semi, and Finals of an hour each) after which the Champion will be decided and all participants are ready to leave.
All students not in Top 8 Competition at this time have no further competitive rounds to play.
Regardless of record, everyone is invited to stick around and play with friends or watch the Champion be decided at the Feature Match Tables!
Lunch will be provided as part of the entry fee. However, dinner is not provided.
Please note that the tournament will take place in the Wolf Den, which is Rectory's student lounge. To find the Wolf Den, please park in our main parking lot (look for signs for Admissions) directly across the street from Christ Church (please input 528 Pomfret Street, Pomfret, CT into your GPS). There is plenty of parking available in the lot to the right as you drive in. The Wolf Den is in the building that will be right in front of you when you make the turn off of Route 44/169 onto campus:
- Throne of Eldraine Sealed Deck
Deck Building Time:
- 40 minutes
- 50 minutes
- 4 Swiss rounds
- Cut to Top 8
- 1st place Trophy
- 2nd place Trophy
- Top 8 players will receive Play Mats (see artwork below)
- All players will receive 6 booster packs of 15 cards