Rectory's middle school students are encouraged to explore their interests and passions, or to try something new, through our dynamic elective program. This program gives students an exploratory experience in a variety of disciplines. Middle school students are required to participate in either an elective or a performing art each trimester.
Typical Elective Choices
Following are samples of electives that are offered at Rectory.
- Brain-Based Strategies for Learning & Living
- "Change Your Words, Change Your Mindset"
- Community Service
- Experimental Mark-Making
- Fantasy Politics
- For the Love of Chocolate
- Magic: The Gathering
- Memory Project
- Model Plane Building
- Mountain Biking
- Mystery Fiction
- Myths Legend Around the World
- The Race to Save and Preserve
- Sign Language
- Spring Musical: Once On This Island, Jr.
- Sports Medicine
- Step Outside: Observe, Help, and Learn
- TED Talk
- Watercolor Painting
- Yearbook Committee