May Experiential Learning Program (MELP)
"MELP" is Rectory's signature program that takes place one week in May during the spring term. Students eagerly anticipate MELP throughout the year for exploring a topic in-depth through hands-on experiences, sometimes off campus and out of town.
The program encourages alternative learning styles, creativity, and problem solving.
“MELP really helped me to understand and appreciate the value in seeing things firsthand. I realized that learning on location makes absorbing what we are being taught so much easier. Every year I think that the next year won't possibly be any cooler than what I have just experienced--but it has. I think we are so lucky to be able to travel off campus and explore together. I only wish it was longer than a week!"
Samir M., Student
- A Taste of New England
- Arts in the Berkshires
- Behind the Scenes
- Charm of Charleston
- Charter Philly
- Flavors and Foodie Finds of New England
- Fun, Food, and Fitness
- Inside New England Sports
- It's Time to Be Outdoors
- Museum Madness!
- Nantahala by Bike, Boat, and Bipeds
- Over the Hills We Ride!
- Puerto Rico: Island of the Natural Wonders
- San Diego: Land, Air, and Sea
- Tex Mex: Culture and Cuisine
- The World Around Us
- Westward Bound! Discovering the Beauty and Wonder of the West!