English Language Learners
Rectory's Individualized Instruction Program is a required course for all first-year international students. We have found that one-to-one tutoring provides our international students with both academic support and an advocate during a time of adjustment. Tutors have experience working with students with a wide-range of English abilities, from emerging English Language Learners to those students who have been exposed to instruction for several years.
- Tutors provide authentic opportunities for conversation and dialogue in a supportive environment.
- Tutors help strengthen a student's academic vocabulary through skill development in all courses.
- Tutors work with students by focusing on listening, writing, and speaking English.
- Tutors provide opportunities for TOEFL practice.
- Each student's progress is closely monitored through formal and informal assessments.
- Students develop their personalized goals with the support of his/her tutor.
Learn more about Rectory's IIP Program. Please click on the button below to start a conversation with Rebecca Pagitt-Mungai, Rectory's Director of Learning Services.
Mr. Vollinger works with Jin, a student from Japan, during their IIP session.