Individualized Instruction Program (IIP)
IIP SUPPORTS THE INDIVIDUAL
RECTORY'S INDIVIDUALIZED INSTRUCTION PROGRAM (IIP) celebrates the uniqueness of each person. A pioneer among junior boarding schools in individualizing instruction, Rectory has provided our students with one-to-one instruction as an integral part of our educational milieu since our founding in 1920. Rectory's IIP is designed to address a range of academic needs with seamless integration into the academic day. Ask any Rectory student and learn the importance that he or she places on the relationship built between tutor and tutee. It's a partnership that changes lives.
IIP Addresses a Range of Students' Needs:
- Learning Differences
- Executive Functioning Skills
- Enrichment and Test Preparation
- English Language Learners
- Nearly 60% of Rectory's middle school students participate in IIP.
- IIP sessions are worked seamlessly into the normal academic day. It takes the place of a student's normal study hall period.
- A student's tutor is likely to also be that student's advisor, so the relationship continues to build in different settings. Tutors and Advisors are our students' biggest advocates.
- Many tutor/tutee relationships continue from year-to-year.