Why Junior Boarding
Whether it's more academic support or greater academic enrichment, a broader variety of arts or athletics, you are looking for something more for your child than what your local schools are able to offer. Also, as our world becomes smaller, an emphasis on cultural awareness becomes increasingly important. Boarding school provides:
- STRUCTURE: Evening and weekend study halls teach time-management and help create good study habits. Personal technology limits increase the likelihood of success and build an appropriate respect for rules.
- COMMUNITY: Being a member of a large, close-knit community lends itself to increased leadership skills, empathy, and understanding of one's self and those around them.
- CULTURE: Friendships with students from around the globe provides opportunities to embrace a culture that is incredibly diverse at such a young age.
- FRIENDSHIPS: Make lifelong friends from around the world.
- INDEPENDENCE: Learn to be independent earlier in life and build a foundation for future success.
"Rectory is relationships," and some of the most important relationships are created within the framework of the residential community. The boarding environment simulates a home away from home and the dormitory parents offer support and guidance to the students as they navigate through their middle school years. At Rectory, every student forms a connection to an adult in the community. These relationships form naturally as the faculty spend the majority of their time with the students. Every morning, each student awakens to a knock on the door and a cheerful "good morning" and every evening the students go to bed with a caring, "good night." The time in between is filled with academics, delicious food, athletics, and fun activities. The partnership between parents and dormitory parents is very important as, hand-in-hand, they create the positive residential experience for our boarding students.
Dear Mr. Williams, Mr. Seaward, and Mr. Bendall:
Earl and I feel so inspired to tell you how happy we were to be on campus for Fall Family Weekend. It gave us a magical feeling inside to see Abby so visibly happy. We can't express in words what that means to us. She has far exceeded the expectations of everyone in the month since she arrived. She's thriving academically, socially, musically, artistically, and independently. What more could we want?? The atmosphere that you have created is one-of-a-kind from our point of view. Thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of the Rectory family.
Wendy and Earl Gurevitch
Advantages of a Junior Boarding School
Boarding School Review:
"A junior boarding school offers certain distinct advantages for the middle school aged student. Here are five reasons why you should consider choosing this option for your child."