Under the supervision of the Controller of the Rectory School, the Campus Store Coordinator plans, organizes, and directs the operation of The Rectory School campus store on a part-time, twelve-month basis. This position will be responsible for all aspects of store operations including inventory and sales management, financial controls and budget management.
Summary of essential job functions
- Manages the purchase and sale of all school supplies, school apparel, and general merchandise. Coordinates with faculty and staff to ensure availability of necessary supplies.
- Maintains operating and accounting records, including daily cash reconciliation, sales and inventory reports, invoice approvals, store returns and customer refunds.
- Develops and implements campus store operating procedures, and recommends appropriate related policies.
- Develops, implements, and maintains the operating budget of the campus store.
- Coordinates campus store activities with other departments within the School. Provides operating hours during key student, parent, and alumni events.
- Assists Controller and/or Director of Finance with special projects as needed.
- Prepares and reconciles weekly student allowance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities required
- Minimum of three years experience working in a retail position.
- Knowledge of retail operating principles, practices and procedures, including those of cashiering, budgeting and accounting, and inventory maintenance and control.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively perform the duties as described above; ability to plan and organize retail operations to meet operational objectives in accordance with School goals; ability to work effectively with both internal and external constituents, provide excellent customer service, and maintain the image of the School.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license.
Please email cover letter, resume and three references to Diana Richardson, Assistant to the Headmaster at email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Any offer of employment with The Rectory School is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug test in accordance with company policy.